Slow Cooker Beef au Jus
It's easy to fix this roast, which has lots of onion flavor. Sometimes I also add cubed potatoes and baby carrots to the slow cooker to make a terrific meal plus leftovers. --Carol Hille of Grand Junction, Colorado
More Beef Slow Cooker Recipes »
10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 6 hours + standing
- 1 beef rump roast or bottom round roast (3 pounds)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) au jus gravy mix
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut roast in half. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking
- spray, brown meat on all sides over medium-high heat.
- Place onion in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with meat. Combine the broth,
- gravy mix, garlic and pepper; pour over meat. Cover and cook on low
- for 6-7 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove meat to a cutting board. Let stand for 10 minutes. Thinly
- slice meat and return to the slow cooker; serve with cooking juices
- and onion. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (3ounces cooked beef with 1/4 cup pan juices) equals 188 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 471 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.