Slow-Cooked White Chili
This satisfying slow-simmered chili features chicken, two kinds of beans and crunchy corn. "It's quick, easy and tastes great," says Lori Weber of Wentzville, Missouri. "It's a family favorite that we enjoy with corn bread," she adds.
8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel white corn, drained or 1-1/4 cups frozen shoepeg corn
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 to 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a large skillet, saute chicken and onion in oil until onion is
- tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow
- cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 192 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 424 mg sodium,