- peppers, celery, onion and jalapeno in oil until onion is lightly
- browned. Add the garlic, cumin and oregano; cook and stir 1 minute
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the tomatoes, beans, carrot,
- water, barbecue sauce, chili powder and Liquid Smoke if desired.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Serve with sour cream, pepper sauce, cheese, onion and/or chips if
- desired. Yield: 6 servings (2 quarts).
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/3 cups (calculated without optional toppings) equals 185 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 702 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 10 g fiber, 9 g protein.