Slow-Cooked Turkey Sloppy Joes
This tangy sandwich filling is so easy to prepare in the slow cooker, and it goes over well at gatherings large and small. I frequently take it to potlucks, and I'm always asked for my secret ingredient. —Marylou LaRue, Freeland, Michigan
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) reduced-sodium condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, cook the turkey, onion,
- celery and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer
- pink; drain. Stir in the soup, ketchup, mustard, brown sugar and
- Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Serve on buns. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts:Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals 247 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 553 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 lean meat.