"I've been preparing Stroganoff in the slow cooker for more than 20 years," relates Karen Herbert of Placerville, California. "Once you've done it this way, you'll never cook it on the stovetop again. It's great for family or company."
8-10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 3 pounds boneless beef round steak
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- Hot cooked noodles
- Cut round steak into 3-in. x 1/2-in. strips. In a large resealable
- plastic bag, combine flour, salt, mustard and pepper. Add beef in
- batches; shake to coat.
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, layer the onion, mushrooms and beef. Pour
- broth over all. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat
- is tender. Just before serving, stir in the sour cream. Serve over
- noodles. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (6 ounces) equals 275 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 99 mg cholesterol, 680 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 34 g protein.