Slow-Cooked Sausage Dressing
This dressing recipe is so delicious no one will know it's lower in fat. And best of all, it cooks effortlessly in the slow cooker, so the stove and oven are freed up for other dishes! —Raquel Haggard, Edmond, Oklahoma
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 1/2 pound reduced-fat bulk pork sausage
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 7 cups seasoned stuffing cubes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium tart apple, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the sausage, celery and onion over
- medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a large
- bowl; stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Cover and
- cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through and apple is
- tender, stirring once. Yield: 8 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 2/3 cup equals 201 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 640 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.