Slow-Cooked Pork Barbecue
Connie Johnson from Springfield, Missouri needs only five ingredients to fix this sweet and tender pork for sandwiches. "Feel free to adjust the sauce ingredients to suit your family's tastes," she suggests.
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup cola, divided
- 1 cup KC Masterpiece®
KC Masterpiece Original BBQ Sauce is great with all types of meat and in favorite sides like beans, casseroles and more.
See More Recipes >
- 10 sandwich buns, split
- Cut roast in half; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Sprinkle with
- seasoned salt and garlic powder. Pour 1/4 cup cola over roast. Cover
- and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast; cool slightly. Shred meat with two forks and return to
- slow cooker. Combine barbecue sauce and remaining cola; pour over
- meat. Cover and cook on high for 1-2 hours or until sauce is
- thickened. Serve on rolls. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 sandwich equals 410 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 886 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 35 g protein.