"My husband, Willard, and I own a hunting lodge and host about 16 hunters a week at our camp," says Edna Ylioja from Lucky Lake, Saskatchewan. "The slow cooker makes easy work of fixing this flavorful goose dish, which is a favorite of our guests. The recipe makes lots of savory gravy to serve over mashed potatoes."
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + marinating Cook: 4 hours
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 pounds cubed goose breast
- 3/4 to 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- Hot cooked mashed potatoes, noodles or rice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the soy sauce, oil, lemon
- juice, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder; add goose. Seal and
- turn to coat. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Place flour in another large resealable
- plastic bag; add goose in batches and shake to coat. In a large
- skillet over medium heat, brown goose in butter on all sides.
- Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add the soup, water and soup mix.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or until meat is tender. Serve
- with potatoes, noodles or rice. Yield: 4 servings.