Slow-Cooked Cherry Pork Chops
I mixed and matched several recipes to come up with this one. I'm always happy to adapt recipes for my slow cooker. It's so easy to prepare a meal that way.
-Mildred Sherrer, Bay City , Texas
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 3 hours
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (8 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup canned cherry pie filling
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/8 teaspoon ground mace
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, brown the pork chops
- over medium heat on both sides. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine pie filling, lemon juice, bouillon
- and mace. Add pork chops. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or
- until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 105 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 140 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.