- with half of the blueberries, cream cheese and egg mixture. Repeat
- layers. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking. Cover and
- cook on low for 3-4 hours or until a knife inserted in French toast
- comes out clean.
- For syrup, in a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in
- water until smooth. Add 1/4 cup blueberries. Bring to a boil; cook
- and stir until the berries pop, about 3 minutes. Remove from the
- heat; stir in the lemon juice, butter and remaining berries. Serve
- warm with French toast. Yield: 12 servings (2 cups syrup).
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup with about 2 tablespoons sauce equals 390 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 182 mg cholesterol, 371 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.