Sloppy Joes for 8 Dozen
“My husband and I raised 3 boys, and they had great appetites. I cooked and baked huge amounts of everything! I hope you like these Sloppy Joes as much as we do.”
—Wanieta Penner, Assaria, Kansas
96 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 1-1/2 hours
- In two stockpots over medium heat, cook and stir beef and onions
- until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in the ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, mustard,
- vinegar and chili powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer,
- uncovered, for 1 hour to allow flavors to blend. Spoon 1/3 cup onto
- each bun. Yield: 96 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 sandwich equals 281 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 796 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 17 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable.