Sloppy Joe Mix
From Donna Musser of Pearl City, Illinois comes a vine version of an old standby - sloppy joes made with pumpkin! She also sprinkles cloves, nutmeg and chili powder into the mix while it cools for extra zest. "The sandwiches taste good with dill pickle slices on the side," she points out.
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef and onion until meat
- is no longer pink; drain. Add ketchup, tomato juice, chili powder,
- salt, cloves, nutmeg and pepper; mix well. Bring to a boil. Stir in
- pumpkin. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Serve on
- buns. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 240 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 713 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 22 g protein.