Slim Southwest Deviled Eggs
When you're in the mood for some good finger food, try any one of these variations on deviled eggs. They are a cinch to fill and make a popular contribution to a potluck or brunch. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 hard-cooked eggs
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Jalapeno pepper slices, optional
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Remove yolks; set aside egg whites and
- four yolks (discard remaining yolks or save for another use).
- In a large bowl, mash reserved yolks. Stir in mayonnaise, salsa,
- chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Stuff or pipe into egg whites.
- If desired, garnish with pepper slices. Chill until serving. Yield:
- 1 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 stuffed egg half equals 40 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 91 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.