Skillet Zucchini and Sausage
I lived on the Oregon coast for 20 years, and during that time I had plenty of guests. I often turned to this dish when folks dropped by because it was easy to make and took little time to prepare. And judging by the requests I received for the recipe, everyone seemed to love it! This dish goes well with skillet corn bread or garlic bread.
8-10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound fully cooked smoked Polish sausage, cut into 1/2-inch diagonal slices
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 to 5 medium zucchini, sliced
- 4 to 5 medium tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- Herb seasoning blend to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet, lightly brown sausage. Add onion,
- celery, green pepper, garlic, oregano and pepper. Cook and stir
- until vegetables are almost tender. Add zucchini and tomatoes; cook
- and stir until zucchini is just tender. Sprinkle with seasoning
- blend. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 130 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 211 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.