I use this dish often when the schedule gets tight and I need a "hurry up" vegetable to cook. It adds plenty of substance to a simple meal.
4-6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, cubed and softened
- Melt butter in a large skillet; add cabbage and green pepper and toss
- to coat. Stir in water, salt and pepper. Cover; simmer for 8-10
- minutes or until cabbage is tender. Add cream cheese; stir until
- melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 100 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 286 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.