With its great combination of flavors and ease of preparation, this is one of my favorite dishes to make when we have overnight guests. Serve it with scrambled eggs for a complete meal...with little fuss!
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) pork sausage links
- 5 medium apple, (about 1-1/4 pounds), peeled and quartered
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a 10-in. skillet over medium high heat, cook sausages for 10
- minutes, turning occasionally; drain. Add apple wedges. Sprinkle
- with brown sugar, lemon juice and salt. Cover and cook over medium
- heat for 10-15 minutes or until apples are tender and sausages are
- fully cooked. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 288 calories, 18 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 786 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.