Skewered Ginger Beef
Jean Gaines of Russellville, Kentucky marinates and skewers several servings of this dish, freezing extras for future events. "Not only do these tender slices of beef make a quick and easy dinner," she says, "but they make impressive appetizers, too."
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first eight
- ingredients; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8
- hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread steak onto metal or soaked wooden
- skewers. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until
- meat reaches desired doneness, turning occasionally. Yield: 8
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.