Sizzling Beef Kabobs
A mild soy sauce marinade lends an appealing flavor to these tender beef and veggie kabobs. With colorful chunks of yellow squash and sweet red and green peppers, they're perfect party fare. —Kathy Spang, Manheim, Pennsylvania
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 pounds beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, soy sauce,
- vinegar and garlic powder; add beef. Seal bag and turn to coat;
- refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Drain and discard marinade. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers,
- alternately thread beef and vegetables. Grill, covered, over
- medium-hot heat or broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes or
- until meat reaches desired doneness, turning occasionally.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 kabob equals 227 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 326 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable,