A refreshing medley of fruits and berries goes into Paula Baglole's short and sweet recipe. “It's a favorite dessert or side salad,” she writes. “If there's any left, we have it the next morning for breakfast.”
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1 cup cubed honeydew
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 large apple, chopped
- 1 large navel orange, peeled and chopped
- 1 large ripe banana, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- In a large bowl, combine the fruit. Drizzle with orange juice and
- stir gently. Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 72 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 fruit.