Sirloin Roast with Gravy
“This recipe is perfect for my husband, who is a meat-and-potatoes kind of guy,” writes Rita Clark of Monument, Colorado. The peppery, fork-tender roast combined with the rich gravy creates a tasty centerpiece for any meal.
10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 5-1/2 hours
- 1 beef sirloin tip roast (3 pounds)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Rub roast with pepper and garlic; cut in half and place in a 3-qt.
- slow cooker. Combine the soy sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce
- and mustard; pour over beef. Cover and cook on low for 5-1/2 to 6
- hours or until the meat is tender.
- Remove roast and keep warm. Strain cooking juices into a small
- saucepan; skim fat. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth;
- gradually stir into cooking juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir
- for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with beef. Yield: 10
Nutrition Facts: 4 ounces cooked beef with 3 tablespoons gravy equals 185 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 318 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber,