Simple Shrimp Scampi
This is an extremely easy recipe designed to impress your guests. Serve it to them while you're finishing up the main course and just listen to the raves! —Lisa Boehm, Deepwater, Missouri
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 5 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Lemon wedges, optional
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add the shrimp,
- lemon-pepper and garlic powder; cook for 5-8 minutes or until shrimp
- turn pink. Transfer to individual serving dishes. Serve with lemon
- wedges if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1/2 cup equals 242 calories, 18 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 213 mg cholesterol, 602 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 18 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.