Simple Salsa Chicken
The flavors in this dish will hide the fact that it is so easy to make. All of your guests will enjoy this one!Jan Cooper, Troy, Alabama
2 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons taco sauce
- 1/3 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- Place chicken in a shallow 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking
- spray. Sprinkle with salt. Combine salsa and taco sauce; drizzle
- over chicken. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until chicken juices
- run clear. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 chicken breast half equals 226 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 601 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 34 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 5 lean meat.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.