Simple Oven Fries
These lightly seasoned potato wedges are a nice accompaniment to grilled meat. Plus, they're much lower in fat than their deep-fried cousins.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3 large baking potatoes
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cut each potato lengthwise into eight wedges. In a large bowl,
- combine the oil, salt, paprika and pepper; add potato wedges and
- toss to coat.
- Place in a single layer on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 450°
- for 20 minutes. Turn potatoes; bake 10 minutes longer or until
- golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 249 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 312 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 6 g protein.