Simple Marshmallow Fruit Salad
For a taste of summer sunshine, Marana, Arizona’s Marian Bauerle whips up this quick, refreshing salad. “It’s pretty enough to double as a dessert,” she notes. “Peach yogurt and coconut really dress up the canned fruit cocktail.”
TIP: LEFTOVER MINI MARSHMALLOWS CAN BE ADDED TO HOMEMADE TRAIL MIX OR A BOWL OF CEREAL OR USED AS A TOPPING FOR A BAKED SWEET POTATO ALONG WITH BUTTER AND CINNAMON.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) fruit cocktail, drained
- 1 medium firm banana, halved and sliced
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/3 cup peach yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut
- 2 maraschino cherries, optional
- In a bowl, combine the fruit cocktail, banana and marshmallows.
- Combine yogurt and mayonnaise until blended; add to fruit mixture
- and stir to coat. Spoon into individual dishes; top with coconut and
- a cherry if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup (prepared with fat-free mayonnaise; calculated without cherries) equals 258 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 170 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.