Simple Marinated Tomato Salad
I've found this simple but tasty combination of ingredients turns tomatoes into a refreshing salad. It's best prepared at least 30 minutes ahead.Mary Tuthill, Ft. Myers Beach, Florida
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 8 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider or red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- Arrange tomatoes in a serving bowl; sprinkle with parsley. Combine
- the remaining ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake
- well. Pour over tomatoes. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or
- until ready to serve. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One 3/4-cup serving (prepared without salt) equals 90 calories, 29 mg sodium, 0 cholesterol, 7 gm carbohydrate, 1 gm protein, 7 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.