Simple Marinated Mushrooms
These are a nice addition to an appetizer buffet table. For the best flavor, allow the mushrooms to marinate a few days before serving.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating
- 1 pound fresh whole mushrooms
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Crushed red pepper flakes to taste
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 1
- to 2 days. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 202 calories, 21 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 150 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.