Simple Mama Arnold's Honey Pie
My mother developed this recipe, which was my father's longtime favorite dessert (he lived to be 104!)
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash nutmeg
- 1 unbaked pie shell (9 inches)
- In a small heavy saucepan over medium heat, whisk the eggs and honey
- until blended. Add butter; cook, whisking constantly, until mixture
- is thickened and coats the back of a metal spoon. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the pecans, vanilla and nutmeg.
- Pour into pie shell. Bake at 325° for 25 minutes or until set.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 418 calories, 24 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 169 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.