Simple Lettuce Salad
MY Mother often fixed this salad when I was a child. I grew up on a farm and most of our food came right from the garden. We especially liked this in the spring, when early leaf lettuce appeared. After a long winter of cooked vegetables, this was a real treat.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 1 hard-cooked egg, chopped
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Hellmann's® Real Mayonnaise
Rich and creamy, Hellman's® Real Mayonnaise makes your sides and sandwiches more tasty!
See More Recipes >
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a salad bowl, combine the lettuce, egg and onion. In a small bowl,
- whisk the mayonnaise, vinegar and pepper. Pour over salad and toss
- to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 150 calories, 14 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 123 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.