Simple Lemon Pie
"Lemon Meringue Pie is one of my favorites, and this yummy, sweet-tart version is so good that no one will suspect that it's light. Plus, a slice is the perfect choice for the diabetic in your family.
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 1 package (.8 ounce) sugar-free cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package (.3 ounce) sugar-free lemon gelatin
- 2-1/3 cups water
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 reduced-fat graham cracker crust (8 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- In a small saucepan, combine pudding mix and gelatin. Add water and
- lemon juice; stir until smooth. Cook and stir over medium heat until
- mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until
- Remove from the heat; cool slightly. Pour into crust. Cover and
- refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight. Spread with whipped topping.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 146 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 174 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.