Simple Fruit Salad
This recipe is delicious with canned fruit, but fresh fruit can easily be substituted or added. It's also very versatileyou can use whatever fruit happens to be in season.
8-10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (29 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
- 1 large firm banana, slice, optional
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherries, halved
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 of a 3-ounce package of peach or apricot gelatin
- Toss fruit in a large bowl, chill. n a saucepan, combine sugar,
- cornstarch and nutmeg; stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil
- over medium heat; coil and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat;
- stir in gelatin until dissolved. Pour over fruit and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Editor's Note: Sauce will thicken upon standing.