Simple Chicken Soup
“I revised a recipe that my family loved so it would be lighter and easier to make,” explains Sue West of Alvord, Texas. “It’s a hearty and healthy meal served with a green salad and fresh bread.”
More Simple Soup Recipes
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) reduced-fat reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- In a large saucepan, bring broth and onion to a boil. Reduce heat.
- Add the vegetables; cover and cook for 6-8 minutes or until
- crisp-tender. Stir in chicken and soup; heat through. Yield: 6
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/3 cups equals 195 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 820 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 19 g protein.