Simple Apple Dumplings
An old-fashioned apple dish gets an updated treatment with convenient crescent rolls. "These delicious dumplings are a time-saving treat for dessert or brunch," notes Jean Killen of Loretto, Tennessee.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 medium apples, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- Unroll crescent dough and separate into eight triangles. Roll up one
- apple wedge in each triangle; pinch edges to seal. Place in a
- greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar, orange juice and butter to a boil.
- Pour over dumplings (dumplings will float to the top). Sprinkle with
- apple pie spice. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or
- until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 338 calories, 18 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 339 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.