- Cut peppers in half; remove stems and seeds. Broil skin side up 4 in.
- from the heat until skins are blistered and blackened. Immediately
- place peppers in a bowl; cover and let stand for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the beans, tomatoes, onion, cilantro and jalapeno
- in a large bowl. Peel off and discard charred skin from peppers. Cut
- into thin 1-in. strips; add to tomato mixture and set aside.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lemon juice, oil,
- pepper flakes, salt and cumin; add shrimp. Seal bag and turn to
- coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- For dressing, combine the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, cilantro, salt
- and cayenne in a blender; cover and process until smooth. Add
- avocado; cover and pulse just until blended.
- Drain and discard marinade from shrimp. In a large skillet, saute
- shrimp for 3-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Add to pepper
- mixture. Add 1/2 cup avocado dressing; toss to coat. Spoon into
- serving glasses or bowls; serve with remaining avocado dressing.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup (calculated without lemon slices and cilantro) equals 520 calories, 39 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 627 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.