Shrimp and Pasta Supper
This skillet dish is so easy to make on those busy days, and it's delicious, too! I got the recipe at a covered-dish luncheon at my church. I liked it so much, I asked for the recipe, and I like to share it with others.
Folks are surprised that it's so easy to make - but don't tell anyone!
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 12 ounces linguine
- 1 pound fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 jar (28 ounces) chunky spaghetti sauce
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, saute shrimp and celery in butter until shrimp turn pink.
- Stir in spaghetti and pepper sauces. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Drain linguine. Add linguine and peas to shrimp mixture; toss to
- coat. Sprinkle with parsley and cheese. Heat until the cheese is
- melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 491 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 145 mg cholesterol, 965 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon