When I need to fix a quick meal, I frequently turn to this well-loved dish that takes only a few minutes to cook. I've also used chicken instead of shrimp with delicious results. I enjoy preparing holiday meals for my family when everyone can be together. Senior citizen activities also keep me busy.
3-4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 small sweet red pepper, juliened
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Hot cooked rice
- In a skillet, stir-fry broccoli and peppers in oil until tender. Add
- shrimp; stir-fry for 3-5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Combine the cornstarch, brown sugar, ginger, orange juice and soy
- sauce until smooth; add to skillet. bring to a boil; cook and stir
- for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over rice. Yield: 3-4
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 188 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 168 mg cholesterol, 1,122 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 21 g protein.