"Here in the Northwest, we have a seemingly endless supply of seafood, so we're always searching for creative new recipes," reveals Renton, Washington cook Jennie Benjaminson. "This thick hearty stew was a big hit."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, dill, mustard, honey and salt.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Add
- the shrimp, cheese and parsley; simmer 5 minutes longer. Yield: 2
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 296 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 187 mg cholesterol, 1,098 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon