Shrimp Salad-Stuffed Avocados
This is one of my husband's favorites, even though it's pretty enough to serve at a ladies luncheon. When I needed a quick main-dish salad for my book club, I just tripled the recipe and got raves! Try it with imitation crabmeat, too. —Suzanne VanAlstyne, Petoskey, Michigan
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4-1/2 teaspoons capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium ripe California Avocados, halved and pitted
- In a small bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Spoon into avocado
- halves. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.