Shrimp Salad Croissants
I've had this recipe for years and get raves whenever I make it. It can be served on a bed of lettuce or a-top a flaky croissant. Either way, it's perfect for a quick , delicious lunch.
--Molly Seidel, Edgewood, New Mexico
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 pound cooked small shrimp
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 2 small carrots, shredded
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- Dash salt and pepper
- 2 packages (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced almonds
- 8 croissants, split
- In a large bowl, combine the shrimp, celery and carrots. In a small
- bowl, combine the mayonnaise, onion, salt and pepper. Pour over
- shrimp mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, stir
- in almonds. Serve on croissants. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 543 calories, 39 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 159 mg cholesterol, 733 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 19 g protein.