Shrimp Penne with Garlic Sauce
“My friends and family request this all the time. It’s quick and smells so good.” Christy Martell - Round Hill, Virginia
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seafood seasoning
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- saucepan, saute garlic in butter. Stir in flour until blended;
- gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2
- minutes or until thickened. Stir in the shrimp, cheese, parsley and
- seafood seasoning; heat through.
- Drain pasta; place in a large bowl. Add shrimp mixture; toss to coat.
- Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 488 calories, 20 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 226 mg cholesterol, 1,205 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 37 g protein.