This refreshing tomato-based soup from our Test Kitchen features shrimp, cucumber and avocados.
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 6 cups spicy hot V8 juice
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and diced
- 2 medium ripe California Avocados, diced
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for 1
- hour. Serve cold. Yield: 12 servings (about 3 quarts).
Editor's Note:This recipe is best served the same day it's made.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 128 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 551 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.