The combination of shrimp, fresh garlic and lemon juice makes this entree one of my mom's most memorable dishes. The shrimp can also be served over toast points instead of fettuccine.
6 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) fettuccine
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- large skillet, saute shrimp in butter for 4 minutes or until shrimp
- turn pink. Add the parsley, garlic, lemon juice, broth, salt and
- pepper. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until garlic is tender.
- Drain fettuccine; top with shrimp mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 419 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 209 mg cholesterol, 584 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.