- Place 2 heaping tablespoonfuls of shrimp mixture in the center of one
- egg roll wrapper. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper
- towel until ready to use.) Fold bottom corner over filling. Fold
- sides toward center over filling. Moisten remaining corner with
- water; roll up tightly to seal. Repeat.
- In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry egg
- rolls, a few at a time, for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden
- brown. Drain on paper towels. Combine sauce ingredients; serve with
- egg rolls. Yield: 9 egg rolls (2 cups sauce).
Nutrition Facts: 1 egg roll with about 3 tablespoons sauce equals 362 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 101 mg cholesterol, 673 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer