- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and chill
- until serving.
- In a large skillet, cook and stir onion in 1 tablespoon oil over
- medium-high heat until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add
- shrimp; cook and stir until shrimp turns pink. Remove from the heat.
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, cornmeal, cornstarch, baking powder,
- salt and pepper. In a small bowl, mix the corn, egg and shrimp
- mixture; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil to 375°. In batches,
- drop corn mixture by rounded tablespoonfuls into oil; fry 1-1/2
- minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with sauce. Yield: 2 dozen (1 cup sauce).
Nutrition Facts: 1 appetizer equals 109 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 183 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.