Shrimp Asparagus Fettuccine
Fettuccine lovers rejoice. This is a quick and healthy way to enjoy your favorite pasta. You could also use leftover chicken instead of shrimp in this versatile weeknight dinner. —Healthy Cooking Test Kitchen
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated fettuccine
- 1 cup cut fresh asparagus (1-inch pieces)
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Bring 4 quarts water to a boil. Add fettuccine and asparagus. Boil
- for 2-3 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute shrimp in 2 tablespoons oil for 2
- minutes. Add garlic; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until shrimp turn
- Drain fettuccine mixture; add to skillet. Stir in the basil, salt,
- pepper and remaining oil; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 394 calories, 17 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 165 mg cholesterol, 519 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch, 2 fat.