Shrimp 'n' Veggie Alfredo
Bonnie Jost of Manitowoc, Wisconsin relies on a jar of store-bought Alfredo sauce to toss together this pretty pasta dish. The effortless entree includes fresh shrimp and colorful veggies for ectra eye appeal.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) fettuccine
- 1/2 pound fresh or frozen sugar snap peas, thawed
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1-1/2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 jar (16 ounces) Alfredo sauce, warmed
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, saute the peas, red pepper, carrots and garlic in 2
- tablespoons oil until crisp-tender; remove and keep warm.
- Add remaining oil to skillet. Saute shrimp in oil until shrimp turn
- pink. Return vegetables to pan; mix well. Drain pasta. Place pasta
- on six dinner plates. Drizzle with Alfredo sauce and top with shrimp
- mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 562 calories, 17 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 189 mg cholesterol, 527 mg sodium, 68 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.