Shrimp 'n' Noodle Bowls
This is a great quick meal that can be made with pick-up ingredients from the grocery store. Cooked shrimp and bagged slaw reduce the time and work required to get it on the table.
-Mary Bergfeld of Eugene, Oregon
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 pound cooked small shrimp
- 2 cups broccoli coleslaw mix
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat sesame ginger salad dressing
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold
- water. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the shrimp, coleslaw mix,
- onions and cilantro. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Cover and
- refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1-1/3 cups equals 260 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 147 mg cholesterol, 523 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.