- 8 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- For sauce, in a blender, combine the first 10 ingredients; cover and
- process until smooth. Set aside.
- Sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet,
- saute shrimp in 1 teaspoon canola oil for 4-6 minutes or until
- shrimp turn pink; remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms and red onion in remaining oil
- for 5-8 minutes or until tender. Return shrimp to the pan. Add bean
- sprouts, cilantro and basil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until
- heated through.
- Remove from the heat; stir in green onions and peanuts. Divide among
- lettuce leaves; drizzle each with 1 tablespoon sauce. Fold lettuce
- over filling. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 2 wraps with 2 tablespoons sauce equals 268 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 168 mg cholesterol, 619 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 26 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.