- minute. Add the onion, mushrooms and bok choy stalks; stir-fry for 4
- minutes. Add bok choy leaves; stir-fry 2-4 minutes longer or until
- vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and
- stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add shrimp; heat through.
- Sprinkle with chow mein noodles. Serve with rice if desired. Yield:
- 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup stir-fry with 1 tablespoon chow mein noodles (calculated without rice) equals 238 calories, 10 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 139 mg cholesterol, 710 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.