Shredded Teriyaki Chicken Sandwiches
In Auburn, Alabama, Pam May turns lemon juice, soy sauce, garlic, ginger and a little brown sugar into a lip-smacking sauce that seasons shredded cooked chicken.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2-1/2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 sandwich buns, split
- In a large saucepan, combine the first seven ingredients. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until
- heated through. Spoon chicken mixture onto each bun bottom; replace
- tops. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 428 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 1,343 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.