- reads 170°. Shred meat with two forks and return to the skillet.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring water and remaining broth to a
- boil. Slowly stir in grits and pumpkin. Reduce heat; cook and stir
- for 5-7 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese until melted.
- Divide grits among six serving bowls; top each with 1/2 cup chicken
- mixture. Serve with tomato, sour cream, green onions and cilantro.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 345 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 718 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.